This is lazy cooking again! This dish is called “Chinjaorosu”, in Japanese. A very delicious dish, especially if you LOVE bamboo shoots, like me. Super quick to make.
Stir Fry Pork with Bamboo shoot
- 1/2 of a Bamboo shoot
- 250g Thin sliced Pork (or beef)
- 4 Green Peppers
- 1-2 cloves of Garlic (minced)
- 1/4 tsp Sugar (optional)
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- 50ml Water
- 2 tbs Sake
- 1 tbs Soy sauce
- 1 tbs Oyster sauce
- 1 tsp Mirin
- 1 tsp grated ginger (optional)
- Cut bamboo shoots and green peppers into thin slices. Set aside.
- Slice pork into thin (the thinner, the better) slices. Set aside.
- With a frying pan, add a tiny bit of normal cooking oil. Use a medium heat setting.
- Once the oil becomes hot, add the minced garlic, and sugar. Reduce heat to low-medium heat setting, and satay the garlic into the sugar until it becomes a light golden brown.
- Turn the heat back up to the medium setting.
- Add in the meat and mix all together, until the meat is almost fully cooked.
- Add in the bamboo and green peppers, then water. Mix, until the green peppers have softened (but not overcooked).
- Add in the sake, mirin, oyster, and soy sauce. Mix well for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with a bowl of rice.