One of my favorite vegetables that I love, is tomatoes. Not only is it healthy for you, but I also feel that tomatoes go well in almost every dish!. Although I will never be caught dead biting into a raw tomato, I absolutely love cooking with them!. A big red, plump, and juicy tomato sizzling over a bowl of steam white rice- just thinking about it makes me hungry. Today’s recipe is another quick and simple one, requires very little effort and simple ingredients that you probably already have laying around in the fridge. The star of this recipe is the tomatoes, so choosing a really good tomato that is rich in flavor is the key. I hope you give this a try!
Tomato Rice Bowl
2 Large Sweet Tomatoes
1/2 stick(or 60g) Salted Butter
Salt (a pinch)
1 Tbsp Sake
Black Pepper (As prefer)
250g (x2) Steamed White Rice
- Slice the tomatoes in half (or into four equal parts, if prefer).
- In a skillet, melt the butter under medium heat. Let the butter foam as it melts and then, add in the sake. Mix together.
- Add in the tomatoes and let it fry in the butter, on all sides. 1-2 minutes on each side. (you just want to heat up the tomato enough that it’s not falling apart, or skin peeling off)
- Add a pinch of salt, then turn off the heat.
- Prepare a bowl of rice.
- Transfer the tomatoes on top of the rice, then pour some of the butter oil over the rice and tomato.
- Sprinkle a bit of black pepper.
Tip: You can also add some fresh greens, such as green sprouts, or shredded cabbage. It adds a little texture to the dish and compliments the tomatoes really nicely.